The Community Gallery is available for rent in Barn #1 at the corner of Benson & Wychwood. The gallery is a beautiful, affordable, multi-purpose space available for short-term rental. Uses might include visual arts exhibitions (in all media including painting, drawing, sculpture, craft, design, new media and installation), performance/rehearsal for all disciplines, gathering/meeting space, or public/private events such as record or book launches.
The gallery is easily accessible by public transit and benefits from excellent walk-by traffic on Saturdays when over 1000 people descend on the weekly Farmers’ Market. The gallery has flexible hours (daytime, evening, weekday and weekends) depending on the nature of the event. Standard gallery hours are Wednesday to Sunday, 10 AM – 5 PM.
We welcome proposals from collectives, non-profit arts organizations or individual artists for public or private events. Exhibitions will run for 1, 2, or 4 weeks, and the gallery can also be booked for full-day and evening rentals. All exhibition rentals will include one evening reception. For rental rates and more information please contact John Smith at email@example.com
- The space measures 600 square feet and ceilings are 14 feet high. The floors are sealed concrete and the walls are drywall for ease of hanging work. Lighting is supplied by tracks with adjustable spotlight fixtures that can light both the walls and the centre of the room simultaneously.
- The gallery includes a two-piece bathroom and a small kitchen area with sink, coffee maker/tea kettle and some cups/glasses.
- The gallery comes equipped with 4 (6ftx3ft) tables and 21 chairs at no additional cost. Additional chairs can be rented for $1.00 each
- The space may be rented for various special occasions and meetings but is currently unavailable for children’s birthday parties
- The space is ideally suited to 20 persons or less for a sit down meeting, 30-40 for a presentation style event and 50 for a standing event.
- Audio/Visual equipment is not included in the rental but is available for rent from the WBCA.
- Two municipal public parking lots are located nearby on St. Clair.
For more details see the Gallery Floor Plan
2014 Rental Rates:
- Daily, Monday to Friday: $125
- Saturday and Sunday: $300
- Weekend Special (Fri-Sun): $400
- Stat Holiday Weekend Special (Sat-Mon): $400
- 1 Week: $800
- 4 Weeks: $2800
- Hourly: $30 (please note two hour minimum)
- A $30 cleaning fee will be added to the total cost of every booking.
- A $60 Patch & Paint charge will be added to any rentals that will require this service to repair the walls.
- A $150 security deposit is required to cover key loss and damage